By chef David Kelman
Trim all the fat and sinew off the fillet. Roll it in the cep powder. Then tightly roll in cling film and tie the ends. Cook in water bath at 62 degrees for 30 mins, remove from water bath and chill.
Mix the potato, sage and onion together, season and roll into 50g balls. Flour, egg wash and breadcrumb the ball and set to one side ready to fry.
Add all the above ingredients together in a small pan with a small amount of butter, season.
Using a melon baller take 8 nice balls of apple, add them to apple juice and cinnamon, bring to the boil, when starting to boil turn off. Remove the apples from the juice and chill.
Add the trimmings of apple to the juice, remove the cinnamon and then cook until the juice is almost gone, place the cooked apple trimmings to a blender and blitz until smooth. Place into a squeeze bottle ready for plating.
Steam the skin for 1 hour 30mins, remove from the steamer and scrape any fat off that is left, season and roll up lengthways, roll in cling film and freeze.
Remove from the freezer and slice on a meat slicer, place the sliced skin onto a baking tray with grease proof paper, lay another sheet over the top and place another baking tray on top.
Cook at 180 degrees from around 22 minutes or until it starts to puff up and crisp.
Remove the pork from the cling film, season and then pan fry and get good colour all-round, add butter and foam the butter over the pork.
Heat up the cabbage mix, fry off the bon bon.
Add 3 cooked Chantenay carrots, apple balls, purée, cabbage and then add the pork crackling and bon bon.
Serve with a little pork jus.
This recipe is featured in our book Signature Chefs South West & Channel Islands. Click here for more information.
Ingredients for four servings:
- 2 X Large Old Spot Pork Tenderloins Trimmed And Then Cut Into Half
- 100G Cep Powder
Sage And Onion Bon Bon
- 200G Maris Piper Potatoes Cooked Then Mashed
- 1/2 Onion Small Diced And Cooked In Butter
- 5G Sage Chopped Cooked With The Onion
- Salt And Pepper
- 1 Whole Egg
- 20Ml Milk
- 30G Flour
- 100G Panko Breadcrumbs
Savoy Cabbage And Puy Lentil
- 1/4 Savoy Cabbage Shredded And Cooked In Salt Water Until Soft, Refresh In Ice Cold Water
- 20G Puy Lentils, Washed And Cooked In Chicken Stock Until Just Cooked
- 20G Of Small Diced Carrot, Swede, Leek And Shallot Blanched In Salt Water
Cider Apple Puree And Balls
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, Peeled
- 200 Ml Apple Juice
- Pinch Of Cinnamon
- 1 Large Pork Skin With Very Little Fat