By chef Caroline Waldegrave
To start, blanch the fennel in boiling salted water for 2 minutes. Drain and refresh under running cold water until completely cold. After it has been drained, pat the fennel dry with kitchen paper.
Mix together the lemon juice, oil and maple syrup. Add to the fennel, taste and season well – the lemon can make the dressing taste a little sour so extra maple syrup may be necessary.
Add the conference pears and make sure they are coated in the dressing. Then, add half of the dill and mix well. Add the cheese and mix in gently.
To serve, scatter the rocket over the base of a serving dish – pile on the salad and scatter over the remaining dill.
Ingredients for four servings:
- 1 Large Fennel Bulb – Quartered, Cored And Sliced Very Finely
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 3 Tbsp. Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tsp. Maple Syrup
- 2 Conference Pears, Peeled, Quartered And Sliced
- 50G Pecorino Cheese, Finely Shaved
- 35G Rocket
- 2 Tbsp. Freshly Chopped Dill
- Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper