By chef Natasha Evans
Cover the lentils with cold water and bring to the boil. Add the vegetable stock and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the lentils are tender. Drain well.
While the lentils are still warm, place them in a large bowl. Add the onion, chilli and olive oil then crush in the garlic cloves and stir well.
For the halloumi, heat the oil in the frying pan over a medium heat. Add the halloumi and fry each one on each side until golden. Stir the courgettes, pomegranate seeds and coriander into the bowl with the lentils. Season to taste.
Top the lentil mixture with halloumi slices and serve.
This recipe is featured in our book Signature Chefs South West & Channel Islands. Click here for more information.
Ingredients for four servings:
- 150G Puy Lentils
- 1 Teaspoon Marigold Swiss Vegetable Bouillon Powder, Or 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- 1⁄2 Red Onion, Finely Sliced
- 1 Green Chilli, Deseeded And Finely Sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Good-Quality Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 250G Halloumi, Sliced
- 2 Small Courgettes, Cut Into Ribbons With A Peeler
- 50G Pomegranate Seeds
- A Handful Of Chopped Fresh Coriander, Including Stalks
- Sea Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper